Since the plate is custom designed it fits like a glove perfectly matching the camera shape. It also provides anti-rotation so that the plate doesn't slip or twist. Most of our users leave it on camera at all times and use with their Arca-Swiss type ball heads. It also features an optional removable strap loop that can be removed if desired.
Weight: 1.5oz (45grams)
100% made, designed and assembled in the USA
- Hard black anodized surface coating with wear resistant finish
- Machined aircraft aluminum construction
- 1/4-20 thread for mounting other quick release plates/accessories
- Safety stops (ensure plate doesn't slip out if clamp is loosened accidentally)
- Captive mounting screw
- Allen wrench for mounting the plate
- Strap loop
- Arca Swiss
- Really Right Stuff
This is an excellently machined & made basic plate for the Canon 7D Mark II with battery grip, at a decent price. Very happy with it -- in fact, I have three of them!
This A-S plate works well on the battery grip of my camera. It is nicely rounded on the edges allowing me to hold the camera's battery grip without even noticing that there is a plate there. I've used A-S plates from other manufacturers before. This one works just as well and was much less expensive. Next time I need an A-S plate or other accessory, I'll shop here first.