The L- Bracket has been machined from solid Aluminium T6061 block and black anodized for scratch resistant finish. The main feature of this L-Bracket is its two piece design; the vertical piece of the L-Bracket can be extended to allow cable connection (cable connections are also possible without extending)
Weight: 4.9 oz.
- Two piece design; the vertical piece allows for the use of just the base plate
- Two safety stops in vertical and horizontal surfaces
- Slide out mechanism, with hardened steel rods allow extending of the vertical plate for ease of use with cables or finding the center point of the image.
- Compatible with Arca-Swiss style tripod heads
- Easy battery access
- Built in Allen Wrench Storage
- Strap Loop
- 1/4"-20 Threads (Side & Top) for Cold Shoe , Strap etc accessories
- Machined aircraft aluminum construction using CNC precision machines
- Unobstructed LCD access
- LxWxH - 4.0 x 1.6 x 3.2 inches - 10.0 x 4.0 x 8.1 centimeters
- 0.312 pounds - 4.9 ounces
- Removable strap loop
- Allen wrench
- Really Right Stuff
- If you already own a ProMediaGear flash bracket you only need to purchase the vertical piece of the L-Bracket.
- 30-day money back guarantee with free shipping in the United States. Buy it today, if you don't like it simply contact us and we'll refund all charges and even pay for return shipping
As an early adopter of the Sony a7R2 and a long-time user of Arca-Swiss standard plate/clamp systems, I did some research to see what L plates were available other than the usual brands. I don't even look at generic plates because I appreciate the fit of dedicated designs. I also have a preference for domestic production products. So to make a long story even longer, I knew the Pro Media Gear name from a nice rail I purchased several years ago to go into a compact single-row panorama rig. This model was showing on the site as not currently available, so I queried the company. Tom promptly responded with a short estimated availability date and I ordered it. The PLSA72 is a thoughtful design, manufactured to the highest standards. I was particularly attracted to the extending left plate design and overall modularity. One caution: I find that the extension locks like to be quite firmly set. But given the quality materials used, this should pose no problems. The magnetically-retained hex wrench is a brilliant idea; now I don't have to transfer as many loose bits when switching bags. Speaking of which, the camera attachment screw provided was not a hex drive, but I swapped for one to keep everything standardized. It took some searching on the web site, but I found another example of thoughtful modular design: the bracket plate adapter for Spider holsters. Once I confirm that it won't block my battery door, I'll update my L plate with one of these. This is why, although there are other companies have been doing this longer and have deeper catalogs, I'll be looking to Pro Media Gear first when I need this sort of equipment.
I received my Sony a7R Mk II just a few days before a scheduled landscape shoot in North Dakota but had no way to secure it to the tripod and there wasn't really anyone shipping brackets for this camera yet. The only ones even close were ProMedia Gear so i placed an order but was informed that it would be abut a week before they were available to ship. I gave them a deadline and they ended up overnighting me the item with AM delivery and it arrived the day before I left. I was very pleased with the communication and extra effort to make sure my shoot was successful. The bracket itself fits perfectly and is of extremely high quality. I have since used it virtually every day and can think of nothing I would change on it. Realy a first rate product that I highly recommend. I will definitely be a customer again in the future.